- Provide leadership in all areas related to the education of students with multiple and significant developmental disorders.
- Design and implement research based, standards aligned curriculum and assessment procedures, as well as academic and behavioral interventions.
- Coordinate the recruitment, assignment, evaluation and professional development of all certified, non-certified and related service staffs assigned to the program
- Illinois Administrative Endorsement (General Admin, Principal, Director of Special Ed., or Supervisory)
- Illinois Type 73, or Type 10, or LBS 1 Special Education Endorsement
- Experience in teaching, related service or administrative position within special education (Minimum of 5 years).
- Familiarity with a wide range of disabilities
- Experience in instructional design and modifications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational and writing skills
- Ability to schedule, facilitate and complete both short and long term projects
- Thorough knowledge of current theory, philosophy and practice in assessment, curriculum, instruction and professional development
On-line applications only, www.sased.org